Many thanks to Zeens and Roger for nominating me for this new blog award – I really appreciate it!
So, what’s the Liebster Award? I asked myself the same question when I first heard of it a few weeks ago. Basically it’s an initiative to promote and share new blogs you enjoy with your followers. You are nominated for the award, then you yourself nominate 5-10 of your favourite new blogs (and by new, they should have less than 200 followers) by commenting on one of their posts. You also answer 11 questions set to you by your nominator, then make up a set of your own for your nominees to answer (or you can ask the same questions – it’s up to you!). And of course, you should thank the person that nominated you!
Of course, if I nominate you and you don’t want to take part, that is totally fine! I understand it’s not for everyone, but I just wanted to take part to help promote other new blogs out there that are like me. There’s also no need to re-do this if you have already been nominated <3
So, here are the rules:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
And that’s it! So here are my nominations:
zeensandroger.wordpress.com – Thank you for nominating me!
… and these are the questions I was asked…
1.What did you have for tea last night?
Jacket Potato with cheese and ham 😛
2.What are you having for tea tonight?
3.What are you doing at the weekend?
I’ll be continuing to crochet up the blankets I’m currently working on (Lumpy Space Princess and Markiplier logo) – all I ever seem to do is crochet lol!
4.As a child, what did you want to be when you were a grown up
I wanted to be many things, from an actress to a vet – a rubbish collector to a soldier. But I think the thing that appealed to me most was becoming an astronomer. I love anything to do with space, but sadly was never good enough at science and maths to follow my dream 🙁
5.What was your first job?
This is my first job! I’m so happy to be able to create exactly what I want everyday, from the comfort of my own home, and the whole process of making my hobby my career has been amazing – I’m so honoured to be doing it 🙂
6.Name a book you read again and again.
1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. I’m a massive fan of his and have read and re read all of his novels and short story collections, but this one is the one I’ve read the most 🙂
7.Adventure Time: Yes or No?
YES! I haven’t seen many episodes, but the ones I have seen I have loved. I love the unique style and funny adventures of the characters – it’s a kids program but adults can enjoy it too!
8.What do you collect?
Many things, but I think my biggest collecting compulsion is Blythe dolls. I have 33 dolls in all now and I WANT MOOOORE!
Got to be crochet, I reckon. I’ve only been crocheting for about 7 years but it seems like I’ve been doing it for a lifetime, and there’s not much I haven’t made or tried.
10. What do you watch/listen to whilst crafting?
I mainly watch YouTube videos – I’m addicted to watching Let’s Plays, in particular Markiplier and Pewdiepie. I’m not very good at games myself, but I feel like I can enjoy them just as much by watching other people play them (plus Pewds and Mark are hilarious!) 🙂
11. Your favourite place in the world?
My bed! And my room in general really. I love sleep – plus I have awesome lucid dreams sometimes! I do more in my sleep than I do in reality (which is pretty sad…) 😛
Here are my questions for my nominees!
1. What is your favourite craft, and why?
2. Best thing you’ve ever made?
3. And the worst?!
4. Do you have any superstitions?
5. Do you prefer to read books or watch movies?
6. Your favourite place you have visited?
7. What craft supply did you purchase last?
8. Dolls – Yes or No?!
9. Ever been to any gigs/concerts? If so, what was your favourite and why?
10. Do you own any cacti?
11. Favourite colour/colour combo?
And that’s it! Thank you so much again to Zeens and Roger for nominating me, and I hope this will be fun for my nominees!